Don’t let safety take a back seat during the busy holidays. It’s a hectic time with all of the rushing around town to purchase presents or grabbing the last few ingredients you need for the family dinner.
You can easily get caught up in the hustle and bustle and become careless or vulnerable to theft and other crimes that are very common during the holidays.
Here are 12 Tips for Holiday Safety from Schuerger Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys, P.C. have provided a few key reminders on safety this season.
- Avoid driving alone at night. If unavoidable, stay on very well-lit roads.
- Make sure all of your car doors are locked and your windows are up before you leave your vehicle. Never hurts to double check!
- If you have valuables in your car, place them out of sight or in your trunk.
- Park close to your destination and keep note of your parking spot. There are apps available to help you!
- Never leave your car running while unoccupied. It’s also a waste of gas!
- Keep your keys handy when you are looking for your car in the parking lot.
- Always be cautious of your surroundings when approaching and leaving your car.
- Check the backseat of your car before loading in.
- When you leave your home, even for a moment, be sure to lock your doors and windows.
- Set up your indoor and outdoor lights on an automatic timer if you are traveling for the holidays.
- Be aware that criminals sometimes pose as messengers delivering gifts.
- If you hear someone coming down the chimney, don’t assume it is Santa. Call the police!
Don’t let the stress of the holidays prevent you from focusing on your safety!
Schuerger Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys, P.C. wishes you a safe, happy and peaceful holiday season.
If you are a victim of theft and other crimes this season call Schuerger Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys, P.C. at 833-692-5038!