The experienced attorneys at Schuerger Shunnarah have helped clients across the country recover over $750 million.
What is Sexual Harassment?
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission states: It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.
Both the victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be of the same sex.
Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to the following:
- The victim and the harasser do not have to be of the opposite sex.
- Victims are not always women. Men can also be sexually harassed in the workplace, and have the same rights as women to a harassment-free and discrimination-free office.
- The harasser can be the victim’s supervisor, an agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or a non-employee.
- The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
- Unlawful sexual harassment may occur without economic injury to or discharge of the victim.
- The harasser’s conduct must be unwelcome.
We’re Ready to Fight For You!
The lawyers at Schuerger Shunnarah Trial Attorneys have the skills and experience available to work on your sexual harassment case.
If you believe you were sexually harassed in the workplace, contact the experienced Workplace Harassment Lawyers at Schuerger Shunarrah Trial Attorneys. Our lawyers do not tolerate sexual harassment in the workplace and believe certain parties should be held accountable.
Our legal team has recovered hundreds of millions in personal injury lawsuits, so if you’re looking for a lawyer to assist you, this is the right place. Schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys today. We are here 24/7 to assist you!
- Verbal Harassment
- Nonverbal Harassment
- Physical Harassment